"A family that PLAYS together STAYS together!"
And my family is really good about doing just that. (Check out our family blog here.)
Last weekend we cashed in on one of the gifts my parents gave all of us for Christmas.
(Yes, I am just now posting about it. Sorry- I was pretty sick for most of last week. Glad to be better.)
We went up last Thursday evening to our family cabin in Eden, Utah where we are always happily greeted by our friendly moose, mooses, meeses... whatever.
We spent a lot of time doing a whole lot of...

and of course there were many "friendly competitions" with the DDR ....
Melanie brought up some yummy sugar cookies for the kids to "decorate".
Some of their creations...
Some of our creations...
We also did a little four wheeling.
And ate lots of yummy meals.
Tracen got a hold of the camera for a while and captured a few great moments like the pic above and the cute ones below.
On Friday, part of the gift was for my parents to take all the grandkids so us "kids" could go skiing all day.
Tracen and Tyler took some half day ski lessons...
Tate and Kevi did some exploring of the ski school lodge...
And the parents... well, I did my darndest to keep up with my amazing siblings on the slopes.
I must admit that my very favorite run of the day was when my bro Shane suggested we hike to Colbey Cannon to "get away from all the slushy snow and find some good powder". Never mind that it was totally a DOUBLE BLACK DIAMOND and I have now become a once a year skier (if I am lucky) and it was just as slushy... I mean it was TOTALLY AWESOME and you should have seem how TOTALLY AMAZING I was coming down! I was like swish, swish, jump, double back scratcher.... Ok really this is a little more what I looked like coming down...
It was a GEORGEOUS DAY and we really had so much fun. Thanks to my bros and sis for bringing back some good ole' times and BIG THANKS to my mom and dad for holding down the fort so we could do so.
On Sunday we a little FHE "story" given by Shane.


3 comments:
What a fun trip! I love all the photos that TRacen took. Priceles! So glad you guys had fun. Are you feeling better? My kids were sick all last week too. Yucky stuff just keeps going around.
How lucky!! Eden is so gorgeous and to be able to have a place up there to relax with family? Perfect. I'm sorry you were sick, but glad you're on the mend.
That looks like a PERFECT weekend! So glad you got to go and have fun! Speaking of fun... let's get together!! I'm going through Deanne withdrawl! (That doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean!) ;)
Post a Comment