The Jacobs Crew

The Jacobs Crew

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy B-Day Christy!!!! (yesterday)

Just wanted to give a little B-day shout out to my amazing sis-in-law. She turned the BIG 30 yesterday! Finally you are in the same "age group" as me.

I am so lucky to know Christy. She has become so much more than just my sis-in-law. She has become one of my very dearest friends. It is so fun to raise our crazy boys together. Thank You Christy for everything you are to me.
Hope your birthday was PERFECT!

As a side note: Christy is an INCREDIBLE cook! She has so many great recipes that I LOVE to steal.

So in honor of Christy's B-day yesterday, I made one of her "signature" (as I call it) recipes:

BEER ROCKS

These things are DELICIOUS!
Here is the recipe in case any of y'all decide you need them. Just be sure to think of Christy as you enjoy!

BEER ROCKS
These rolls look like lumpy rocks, and should be eaten with root beer (hence the name). My sister-in-law just calls them pizza rolls. I've never met anyone who didn't LOVE them, even my picky kids who don't like pizza.

Rolls:
1 T yeast
1/3 C sugar
1 C warm water
2 T oil
3 ¼ C flour

Filling:
1 lb cheddar cheese, sliced into ¾-inch cubes
1 package pepperoni slices

In a warm bowl, mix yeast, sugar, and water. Let stand 10 minutes, then add oil and flour. Blend and knead only a few minutes and form into a ball. Let rise one hour. Punch down and divide into 10 balls. Roll each ball into a circle and fill with four or five cheese chunks and three or four slices of pepperoni. Bring four corners together, twist, and place on greased cookie sheet with twist side down. Brush with melted butter (optional) and let rise until double. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.

Can also use rice and ham, ham and Swiss cheese, ricotta and cooked sausage, or anything else you can think of. Try dipping in pizza sauce, pesto, or Alfredo sauce. Serve with tossed green salad and root beer. (I usually double this recipe if four or more will be eating.)

1 comment:

Christy said...

Aww, thanks. I feel so popular in cyberspace now. And I think it's time for me to make some beer rocks.