The Jacobs Crew

The Jacobs Crew

Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Tyler!!!

Our Tyler Keith Jacobs turned
5 years old
November 22, 2009!

It is always amazing to me when another year goes by. I never can believe that my baby is as old and as big as he is.

So to honor how much he has grown, here are a few favorite pictures I recently found.


Tyler was 7 months along when mom and dad decide to take him on a week long canoeing trip in Yellowstone. I feel lucky our canoe never tipped. I would have been the whale being dragged behind the canoe because there is no way I could have hauled that belly back into the boat.

Then our beautifully perfect baby decide to come 2 weeks early via C-section cuz the little stinker got confused as to which way was up! (He was Breech)



Oh how I LOVE his electric BLUE EYES!









(This picture is when Tyler informed me that his "underwear is DOOMED")

And now my little baby has turned into this

CRAZY, TOUGH and...
...and incredibly HANDSOME little man...
...who has been anxiously waiting for his big day all month long!
For as excited as he was for it, I could not get out of him what he wanted for his birthday.
All he could tell me was that he wanted BEER ROCKS and SALAD for dinner and a SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS CAKE or maybe a SPIDER MAN CAKE! He also really wanted to go to
CHUCK E CHEESE ...of course (which we plan to head to one night this week).

At the Kiddie Kollege Preschool they always celebrate their B-days on or as close to as they can and the BIRTHDAY BOY or girl gets to bring a treat to share with the class. So on Friday, per Tyler's request and designing skills, he got to bring these cute little triple chocolate cupcakes with neon blue vanilla butter cream frosting of course decorated with stretchy lizards.

I did grant his wishes for dinner and made scrumptious BEER ROCKS and SALAD.

... which he said over and over, "This is the BEST BIRTHDAY DINNER EVER!"

Dan said he wanted to make Tyler's B-day cake so this is the masterpiece he created.

(Triple Chocolate Fudge cake with Cream Cheese Frosting)
I was pretty impressed.

But because we were having both sides of the family over for his party
(an upwards of about 30 people)
I made a few cupcakes.


Tyler seemed pretty pleased with his cakes.


As is tradition, we watched the Tyler Movie first. This is a DVD that we make for each of our kids 1st B-day. It is a compilation of pictures and video clips put to music celebrating his first year of life. We have found these to be such treasures and the kids really LOVE watching their own special movie all about them. Makes mom cry every stinkin' time!

Then it was on to the PRESENTS!

He really was spoiled this year (as is every year). Unfortunately my camera battery died so I only got a couple pictures of the craziness!



This is DASH INCREDIBLE!

(he has been asking for a Dash action figure for over a 1 1/2 now)
Sooooo glad we finally found one for under $30 bucks on EBay. Seriously ridiculous.
We only paid $6 + $3 shipping... I still that was crazy for basically a McDonalds toy.
He was ECSTATIC! And that is what counts- right?
He also got humongous framed poster of Dash in action from daddy.
Because of the Dash theme going on here I thought it might be nice of me to fix Tyler's Dash costume. The zipper broke and Tyler has been begging me for over a year now to PLEASE FIX IT. I procrastinated because I had never put a zipper in anything and I felt very intimidated. BUT somehow I figured it out and he seemed quite grateful.
He got some amazing books (I always love those gifts), clothes, dart guns, movies, Lego Star Wars for the XBox 360 and several "FRITTER TOYS" as cousin Madi called them. Yes, that means he got a whoopie cushion and this other toy with buttons you can push to hear sounds of all the different kinds of TOOTS! How lucky?
Tyler seriously chuckled over these. His family sure does know him well.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR GENEROSITY and SUPPORT for this
INCREDIBLE LITTLE GUY!
WE LOVE YOU
TYLER KEITH!

4 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

We sure love T-Y-L-E-R Tyler at the Kiddie Kollege! The lizards were a HIT with all the kids... Chester was in heaven all day playing with his stretchy Lizard!

Jessie said...

Man, he does have some electric blue beauties!
Happy birthday, little man. And thanks for sharing it with me by being schlepped to the Brig to hear your mom sing! What a trooper.

Unknown said...

He is such a cute little boy!

DCAja said...

https://www.family-holidays-abroad.co.uk/2020/11/hal-yang-harus-diperhatikan-saat.html