The Jacobs Crew

The Jacobs Crew

Thursday, March 4, 2010

13 1/2 weeks!

Thought I'd better start getting this quickly swelling bump recorded!
So... here we are 13 1/2 weeks:

(yes this a self portrait-but it works right?)
For some reason, I have really been struggling with my body image this pregnancy. It has been bothering me that this baby is popping out so quickly this time around. I swear I wasn't this big with the others (and I do get quite big) until around 5 or so months.

But I think it bothers me even more that I am bothered. As I've said before this is a miraculous time and I want to find beauty in it. So... I am hoping that by keeping record of the different stages of this growing bump, I will better see that beauty.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

I think you are darling!!

Carrie said...

Aren't we so hard on ourselves? I love this pix of you, the bump is so cute! There's nothing like a baby bump, I just love 'em!

aLeXis said...

I am struggling this time around too....and just like you it bothers me more that it bothers me. :) I think you look WONDERFUL! When do you find out what you are having? Can't wait to hear!

Jill said...

Good heavens, you look smashing! You may not feel like you look cute - who does when they're pregnant - but you do. I promise.

The Wangsgard's said...

You are beautiful sis! At least you'll always be smaller than me this pregnancy...

Bethany said...

I think you're one hot momma, but I can totally relate to not feeling like one.

Bethany said...

I think you're one hot momma, but I can totally relate to not feeling like one.

Unknown said...

You look great. I completely understand where you are coming from. Just take advantage of this time, you will have plenty of time to worry about the whole body image the rest of your life. That's what I keep telling myself anyway, after I eat fries, candy etc...

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful! Maybe you're carrying differently cause you're having a girl?!
Hope everything goes well for you. :)