The Jacobs Crew

The Jacobs Crew

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Were you as LUCKY as we were yesterday?
We do so love this holiday. I love that it is a no stress, fantastical, trixy, don't really have to pay attention to the meaning, all around FUN holiday! Plus I do like GREEN!

For some reason (duh) I just wasn't feeling too creative this year and seriously wondered if the day was going to be as big of a hit with the boys as it had in the past, BUT luckily

LESTER LEPRACHAUN made an appearance and saved the day.

He somehow snuck into the house, first going to the boys room and leaving them some special "leprachaun badges" that had blinking green lights. (BIG HIT)

Then he leapt down the stairs...

and found himself in our refridgerator where he turned a few items green.
He must have heard us all waking up so he disappeared in a wink.


The boys were thrilled that he had come. Tracen actually insists that he heard his door open in the night but just could ever see the little trickster.


They enjoyed their green yogart, green milk, and some peanut butter and honey toast for breakfast before rushing off to school wearin' their best green attire in hopes of not being pinched.






Obviously Lester had not had enough time to try and hide his special treasure that morning so we discovered he had come back that evening to try again. This time he somehow snuck into our basement without us knowing...



And dropped off a treasure of Lucky Charms, gold Werthers candy, green Pringles, green Pop, Mike n Ikes, a few green bowls, and a random bottle of green shampoo (weird).



It was then on to dinner.

That trixy little guy also turned our Blueberry Muffin batter green while we were down stairs.

We had some green asparagus,

and green Kiwi (yummy),

with our not so green Turkey Steaks. (hey they were still quite tasty)


And for dessert...

Pistachio Pudding!!

(told you I was feeling lazy and not so creative)

BUT... I think the boys enjoyed it.
Well.... Tyler had to think about it a bit.


Tate seemed to love it though.


Then right before bed, the boys decided that they really needed to catch Lester when he came back to gather up his footprints.

So they set up a trap. (Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of this magnificent trap)

It included the leprachaun hat pictured above and lots of gold Werther's candy to entice him. They put out a trail of candy leading to the hat which had the footprints hidden under it. They also put their light saber next to it hoping that if the leprachaun touched it, they could finally get the green light saber they have been begging for.

BUT those little green guys are much to trixy to be caught.

Instead he left the candy, took his footprints, and magically left them a new green light saber to add to their collection!


Tyler did exclaim, "This is the BEST Leprachaun Day ever!!!"

Hope everyone else had a wonderful GREEN DAY too.

***Psst... there are several other random posts I threw on here to try to catch up a bit if you are interested.***

6 comments:

kelli said...

WOW! Fun! St Patty's day is like Christmas at your house. Please don't tell my kids that you go to all that trouble, they will feel left out, that all they get is a shamrock pin to wear and that is it!

annie valentine said...

For the record, I had a number of amazing ideas that all flew out the window with my afternoon headache. I managed green pizza that tasted so disgusting I couldn't believe the kids would even touch it.

Amy said...

You. Are. Incredible. This is you feeling lazy? Wow, my kids are never allowed to see your blog pictures of St. Patty's Day or they will never forgive my lame attempt at celebrating it! :) Good job! Way to make memories for your adorable bunch!

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

I love it! I will have to get mine on the blog soon. You have inspired me in years past, so we had a visit from a lucky leprechaun too, though he did not leave any footprints because I realized at the last minute that I had no green paper. You are the best mom ever.

Jessie said...

Lazy, lazy Deanne. How embarrassing.

HA! You guys are too dang cute.

Remind me to give you the (secret) recipe for banoffee pie sometime. It was our most favorite dessert in Ireland.

Jill said...

I love how much your family loves St. Patrick's Day! Way to go on the green celebrations. So many fun memories.