...well, maybe I don't have "computer hacking skills, or num-chuck skills" (name that movie), but I have picked up a few others that even my mom didn't think I would pick up. So get ready to be impressed! (or shocked- I know I have been)
First, Dan and I planted a garden.

(these pics were taken about 2 months ago- the tomatoes grew to be almost as tall as the fence and then fell over because they were so heavy with tomatoes)
Then came the season for picking...
We have picked this same haul multiple times.
First, Dan and I planted a garden.
Then came the season for picking...
I think our boys have had the most fun seeing what treasure was ready for picking each morning. So what do you do with all that produce?
SALSA!
I then got a bushel of the biggest most beautiful and tasty peaches ever!
Here is what I did with those...
PEACH FREEZER JAM

and bottled peaches!
I am amazed at how beautiful of a sight I think this is.
Dan and I also made some HUCKLEBERRY JAM with some of the huckleberries we picked in McCall, Idaho. Not too much however, we just couldn't part with too many of our berries.
and bottled peaches!
Dan and I also made some HUCKLEBERRY JAM with some of the huckleberries we picked in McCall, Idaho. Not too much however, we just couldn't part with too many of our berries.
Oh and there are still plenty of tomatoes waiting to be made into either more SALSA or hmmm...maybe I will do SPAGHETTI SAUCE. So stay tuned...
I have also done a bit of sewing again.
Leah (Dan's sister) had a B-day in July so she got this apron.

SUPER MAV cape!

My neice Madison turned 3 in July so she got an apron like the rest of us girlys'.


Here is a picture of Madi wearing the apron with her new red cowgirl boots and hat at her B-day party! So cute!
Well, that is the extent of the "skills" I have recently obtained. I don't mean this to be a brag session, I really just wanted to get it recorded for my blog book.
( So until I come up with some other skills, maybe I will work on those "num-chuck skills".)
9 comments:
Awesome job Dee! I agree I don't think this is a more beautiful sight than canned peaches- they are just so pretty looking bottled. Anyway it all looks amazing you definitely have mad skill!
Oh my goodness! Super star, Dee! EVERYTHING on this post looks fantastic. You are my idol.
Holy crap, I'm the worst homemaker ever! This is kind of awesome, I just don't want my husband to ever see this post.
Nice! I'm definitely impressed, Dee. Really, you've become quite the good little homemaker/mommy.
We have our first garden this year, but only dared to try 3 things. I think onions will have to be added to next year's list. That would be so handy to have them right out in the yard. I'm always running out of onions.
I am SO impressed! Now you need to share the wealth... no I don't mean give me all your hard worked food. Teach me! Some day I'll have a garden and you can teach me some of your MAD SKILLS! Oh and Madi loves her apron! You are truely amazing! Love ya Dee~
You have had a busy summer! I am ready to put my garden to bed for the winter. I am sick of weeding, picking, and canning! I guess in the long winter months I will be happy for all the hard work.
Good job on the Aprons. They are darling!
Do you like your new Camera? I just sold mine and am upgrading to a better camera. I was sad packing it up, because I have loved it so much!
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. :)
Whoooooooaaa...this is some impressive stuff! Yay for you! Great job! Brag away, friend. Brag away!
p.s. "Napoleon Dynamite"
Name that movie? Nepoleon Dynamite? You are amazing with the gardening and the preserving. I really need to learn the art.
Post a Comment