...well, at least for the weekend.
We took my sister Melanie's kids for the last 3 days while they ran the Snake River with Ty's family. They have a 3 year old girl and a 1 1/2 year old boy. So they fit right in to our crazy crew.
Speaking of crazy, YES it was wild at times, NO I didn't get any pictures, and YES I would do it again in a heartbeat! WHY? Well, that is what I want to comment on at this time.
I am amazed how EASY it is to fall in love with another child, even when they are not your own.
I am sure many have wondered when they are pregnant with another baby, if they could possibly LOVE this next baby as much as they love the first. How could there be more room in your heart? BUT I know (because I did) you discovered that each child has their very own spot that is BURSTING with LOVE.
Well, I have found each time I am caring for someone elses' child that my heart grows and makes a new spot for that child as well. Love is just a natural reaction when you feed them, bathe them, sing them to sleep, comfort each little "owey" or heartbreak (there were a lot more of those with a little girl in the house) and even when you have to remind them to be nice. When you look into their eyes and know that child is putting all their trust in you. When you serve someone else, you cannot help but love them so deeply.
I also learned that even though I was acting the part of mom for the weekend and loved them as my own, I could never really be THEIR MOM. The bond between a child and their parents cannot be broken. ( not that I tried to break that) Madi and Kevi were definitely ready for mom and dad to be home. They missed them a lot.
I am grateful to have these experiences. It is good to be on this side so that I know when we leave our babies in the care of another mom we trust that they are loved and cared for just as deeply BUT that we are not replaced and they will be very happy to have us come back.
Thank You May and Ty for sharing your treasures with us. We really LOVE them so much!
3 comments:
Oh Dee, I don't think I could have asked for a better sister! You are so great to take on 5 little kids and still have time to fall in love with them! Ha ha! Thanks for loving our kids like your own... that is why we trust you with our greatest possessions. Thanks again! We own you guys big time!
You are the sweetest Mom ever. You have an exceptional amount of love to give, and that is why everyone loves YOU so much.
That's awesome! I can barely keep my head on straight with my own kids! I admire you!
Post a Comment