Here is a little briefing on the FUN TIMES we had over the Labor Day weekend.
As I mentioned before, Dan headed up to the Wind Rivers on a 35 mile or so backpacking trip with my dad, brothers, and brother-in-law (which I will let him write about). While they were gone, the girls in the family headed up to our family cabin in Eden for the weekend. Now let me just say that just preparing for a "little" trip like this is quite the task. No matter how hard I try to "pack light", I always end up with the port-a-crib, blankets, 1 or 2 stuffed to the max large duffle bags, and several other bags containing diapers and wipes, swimming gear, multiple shoes, entertainment (games, movies, etc...), plus the Dance Dance Revolution pads and X-box and of course the jogger stroller and the boys bikes. Then there are the 2 coolers and 4 or 5 grocery sacks full of FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I can't help it! I simply don't think it is possible to go the cabin and NOT have the van packed to the limits. AND... if you think that this will be a vacation to get away and relax... you've got to be dreaming. In reality, it is just a new place to carry out the same responsibilities I do every day. SO you may ask, WHY would I do this? Well, I'll tell you. It because... because... hmmm. WHY DO I DO THIS? Oh, it is because we REALLY DO have so much fun! The boys LOVE it up there. And so do I. I LOVE the cooler nights, the beautiful scenery, watching my boys be... boys, getting filthy dirty as they explore the woods and find new treasures and new worlds in their vivid imaginations, and all the AWESOME memories we make up there. I am so grateful to have the cabin as a place to "get away" and.... well... THANK YOU STRATFORD FAMILY!
Tracen and Tyler spent hours in the "treehouse"!
My friend Amy was husbandless too so she came up with her boys, Tanner and Carson, to join in the fun.
After hours of swimming and exploring new worlds in the wilderness....THE GROUP BATH!
And of course... SLEEP. Which we really didn't get much of. (Except Tate of course.)
We also went on some great walks and 4 wheeler rides around the "neighborhood".
Sorry it took so long to get these pics posted. The computer simply would not download them.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun for everyone. Can't wait to see some pictures.
Post a Comment