The Jacobs Crew

The Jacobs Crew

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It was bound to happen....

So... he did it. I am amazed that this is the first time this has happened. But I am positive it will not be the last for our boys. Well... maybe for Tyler. He was pretty traumatized. What happened? Well, as we were driving home from Dan's basketball game last night, and we were talking about how nice it will be to just go home, get the kids in bed and have a nice relaxing evening because we didn't have anywhere else to be, we hear Tyler in the back seat, "Ohhhhhhh Nooooo! Mommyyyyyyyyyyy!" I look back to see Tyler frantically "digging" in his nose. Of course I immediately throw off my seatbelt and practically climb into his lap as Dan is pulling the car over. "What happened Tyler!" I try to say in my calmest mommy voice. Tracen pipes in saying "He put it in his nose, mom. I told him not to do it but he didn't listen." "GREAT!" I say. "What is in your nose, Tyler. Lean your head back, let me see." "I can't get it out! It's lost in there!" Tyler sobs. I can't see it and he thus far can't seem to blow it out, so we figured we were going to have to take our "relaxing evening" and spend it in the Insta Care. When we got home, to drop Trace, Tate and myself off, Tracen was hysterical because he was so scared for Tyler. I could hear Dan in the other room saying "Just blow Tyler. Blow harder!" So I sat down with Tracen and as he had just started saying a prayer for him, we heard Dan yell, "He got it out!" It was a little red bead they had found at the game. We were so grateful to not have to take him in and pay $200 to have the doctor say "Just blow it out dear." And... we actually got our relaxing night at home.

7 comments:

Amy said...

If it ever happens again, do this little trick, it works about 80% of the time on our patients in the ER. Plug the nostril that doesn't have anything in it and blow (like mouth to mouth) in their mouth. I know it's crazy, but it works! Hopefully he won't do that again, but... boys will be boys! Glad you got that relaxing night at home! :)

Trent Packer said...

Funny, Ethan put a little bead in his ear once, and we did have to go to the Dr. To get it out of his ear.
From,
Kelli

annie valentine said...

I have sooo been there. It was tylenol. I'll have to blog about that memory!

Tami and Kaleo said...

Dee Dee I laugh so hard every time Iread your blogs especially the pics of him sleeping with his head on the counter. It is so great i swear our children are twins. LOve you Tami

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

Love it. You just never know what to expect!! Miss you guys!

Mariel said...

That's funny! Probably wasn't so funny at the time, though. Maybe I should stop worrying about my kids having fingers in their nose. It could be worse!

Bri and Britt said...

Oh Dee! There is always something crazy going on at the Jacobs house huh? Thanks for the entertainment! HAha.I am so glad he got it out without a visit to the Doc.