On December 8th this incredible guy turned 33!!! He is now as old as me. Hooray!
To start the birthday celebrations (yes there are usually more than one), we got a babysitter, THANK YOU TO DAN'S PARENTS, and went up to my parent's house for yummy food and games. Loads of fun. Thanks mom and dad.
I kept asking Dan what he would like to do for his actual birthday. In typical fashion, he would only say, don't worry about it. I don't need anything.
Well, that just doesn't fly with me. I think birthdays are a pretty big deal. So I tried to find a babysitter so I could surprise Dan by taking him out, maybe have a few of his dear friends meet up with us to add to the surprise. But, I kept striking out. So I again approached him with the same question. To my surprise, he honestly said that he just wanted to hang with the boys and me AND (get this) he wanted to take them all to Boondocs or Chuck E Cheese. Hmmm... OK.
So that was the new plan. I told the boys that daddy was inviting them to his BIG birthday party and that we were going to Chuck E Cheese! They were thrilled!
The big day came and boy were they excited! Dan was excited too. But much to all our dismay, plans had to change. I got a call from a very sick little boy who needed to come home from school to puke, and hurl, and up-chuck, and barf, and ralph, and...how many names are there for this... well you get the jist.
Poor kid. He was heartbroken that he had ruined daddy's birthday.
And Dan? Well, the look on his face did sink when he got home, but we made it the best we could.
Opened a few presents,
Hope your birthday was a GREAT one.

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Dan! I bet you guys pick all those huckleberrys your selves. It's probably best you didn't go to Chucky Cheese's. Then you all would have been up "Chucking".
I just read about Tyler's B-day. You guys have bad luck with B-days.
Post a Comment