Let's take a closer look.
Do you see it? Do see the problem here?
This is really the way I discovered my fridge looking yesterday. Life- notice the soccer schedules, flier for basketball sign-ups, corn mazes, reading charts, homework schedules, grocery lists, etc.. -was completely taking over the very thing that should be my main focus.
I was talking with my grandpa the other day and he mentioned a paragraph he had read recently. To paraphrase, it talked about using the time we have on this earth wisely. Do not waste our time with things that are not relevant to our eternal purpose. ( I wish I could remember the quote exactly) Even if we spent all our time accomplishing all that God has asked us to do, we would still not complete it.
WOW!
It's not like I am completely ignoring Him and doing nothing that He has asked me to do. I did happen to notice amidst the chaos on my fridge a few other magnets that I had placed on there for reminders...
The problem is that they too were starting to blend in with their environment.
So needless to say, I decided to clean up "the fridge"...
11 comments:
Love this! Thanks for the necessary reminder.
Beautifully illustrated. Picture perfect. Thank you!
What a great post! I think I needed this reminder today........
Great post, my friend. Totally inspired me today!
Thank you for this post. I needed it today! :)
Great post! What a good reminder of our focus in life. I love you Dee! Thanks for always being such a good example!
Thanks for the reminder, I think it is something we all can work on. Besides, I needed it!
To Often we MAJOR in MINOR THINGS!
Wow Dee, what an awesome way to explain what we ALL do in life. We make our to-do list a little too long, worry about this, worry a little more about that...play some, work more. But just as you explained, by doing all those things we often forget to keep our focus on the Savior and his eternal plan.
Thank you for being such a wonderful person!
Ah, my magnet... you actually use it? Sweet!
Thanks for the reminder!
Love you Dee-Dee. You are the best person I know.
Post a Comment