Not to be too general, but I will say that my very favorite speaker was our very own President Thomas S. Monson.

I enjoyed every one of his talks. I always have enjoyed him. But this conference was very special to me in that I feel I recieved an extra special witness that President Monson is THE prophet of God at this time. Not that I ever doubted that his calling was right, I think I was just extra attatched to President Hinckley and feeling that he was so "personal" for me. So it was wonderful to have it confirmed in my heart what a wonderful man of God he is and that the Lord has indeed called him to be OUR prophet to lead us at this time.
I am so grateful to have the knowledge of the gospel, to have the opportunity to LIVE it every day! I am grateful for the leaders of this church and for their unfailing willingness to follow and lead us in the teachings of our Savior.
I am also grateful for FAMILY. This conference weekend was a little different than others. Dan's parents were in Mexico and many of my siblings were away or with the other sides of their families. So we spent the weekend at home, which to be honest was kind of nice to just be with each other. RELAXING! We did, however, miss being with family and were grateful to have my parents over on Sunday for a yummy lunch of SWEET CARRIBBEAN PORK and COCONUT RICE and then to watch the second session with us. Our boys ALWAYS love being with grandma and grandpa.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well.
5 comments:
That sounds very nice. We loved the weekend too. We had Kris and Barbi down and the kids were all amazingly good during conference. We had lots of fun inbetween sessions, too. We miss you guys!!
I also really enjoyed this conference weekend! I was telling Greg on Sunday some of the same thoughts that you shared about receiving a witness that President Monson is truly our Prophet. I just felt it so strongly during this conference. Thanks for all of your thoughts! I always enjoy reading your blog!
aaahhhhh.... I love conference weekend too. It sounds like you guys really had a wonderful weekend.
PS I want to see the finished product of your aprons you mentioned you made.
I really didn't have any problems with publishing my book. It seems the company is a small ma and pa sort or shop. I am sorry I can't help, But I did hear of another place that does it, and it allows you to publish your comments too.
http://sharedbook.com/
Hope that helps.
I've always loved conference, but it's not quite the same when you're shushing kids. Sigh.
Glad you had a good one.
Post a Comment