TATE:
"Mama!!!!!!! Mama!!!!!!!!!" (at the top of his lungs)
"Brier?" (where are my brothers?)
"Dadda? Da---da? DAA--DA?" (he usually says this when he has woken up in the morning or from a nap)
"Yaaaamy? Yaaaaamy!" (which is for AMY when daddy doesn't answer after waking up)
"No! I Go! (most commonly heard)
"Cookie...... Kaa kaa (cracker).... Bee Bee( Binky & blanket)... Ba Ba (when thirsty)....
Goo! Goo! Goo!!!(grape-which he cannot stop eating---this can be bad) Geezzz! (cheese)... Mo(more)...
*Mah-nah-mi-nah (which if for M&M's but can also mean any kind of treat that involves SUGAR)
***My all time favorite:
I ya you. (I love you- followed by a big slobbery kiss)
TYLER:
"Daddy, you're not listening! You didn't let my voice go into your ear."
" I don't know what to do, my brain is not talking to me."
He often says,
"My heart is telling me... that I need to get some more good exercise" or that "it is feeling sad" or " really happy."
Right before going up to say the scripture in Primary, he leaned over and whispered, "Mom, before I say my scripture, I am going to go up there and say BOO!"
TRACEN:
"Mom, can we go to the bottom of the world? Is Antarctica REALLY at the bottom of the world? I would really like to see the penguins that live there. "
"Mom, can we talk about gravity? I would like to know more about that."
"Dad, I just love doing Kenpo X. I think I am really good at it. See I can do this (demonstrates a typical Kenpo punch or kick) and I am also getting really good at Dance Dance. I can totally beat you, Dad."
(Trace)"Mom, can I take my picture of Jesus for my 'Show and Teach bucket?
(me) "Sure Trace. Why do you want to take that?
(Trace) "Because Easton in my class doesn't know about Jesus."
(me) "What will your 3 clues be so your class can guess what is inside the bucket?"
(Trace) "Hmmm... I think I will say:
1-It is a picture of my brother. 2-He loves everyone. 3- He is my friend.
*I gave him no ideas or promptings on that one and his teacher told me that he said just that.*
Another PROUD MOMMY MOMENT:
I'd also like to make a note that at Tracen's SEP conference with his teacher this last week, I was informed that Tracen is well at a first grade level in his reading and math skills. He is reading chapter books and knows addition, subtraction, and the beginning concepts of multiplication. I don't think we really thought of him as being that much farther ahead because his cousin Sammy is doing the same stuff. ( I'd like to note that this is NOT because of me or Dan. Tracen is a thinker, so he is the one bringing up the concepts and insisting on knowing how it all works.)
His teacher said that when the year began she realized her challenge as his teacher would be to make sure that he is being challenged, but she quickly realized that Tracen is really good at making a challenge for himself out of whatever topic they are learning.
*Most importantly to me, was when she told me that she usually puts the kids that are struggling with something next to Tracen, and hoped that was OK, because she knows that he will be kind to them and help them if they don't know something.
Thanks for letting me brag a bit about my CRAZY but AMAZING boys. I couldn't be a prouder mommy.
11 comments:
Thank you for sharing all those cute quotes etc. I feel like I have gotten to know your boys, and now I am only sad that we don't live closer! When are we going to have another Jacobs extended family reunion? It is WAY OVERDUE!
They are so cute! I think one of my proudest things to brag about is that Tate says "Yamy!" I love hearing him say that!!! You have cute, cute, cute boys!
I love the funny things they said. I miss you and your guys. I am so glad Trace is doing so well in school. He really is a smart cookie.
I love that all your boys are so different and they all excelle in different areas. You're going to have to stay on your toes with each one of them. You'd better give yourself some credit too because you guys are great parents! We love your boys, especially Madi!
I love hearing about all the funny things your boys say... especially Tyler - he comes up with some real whingdingers! What can we say about Tracen and Sammy - they are just a couple of precocious prodigies!
Tate does say the cutest things! I wonder what he is Thinking and just can't communicate it quite yet.
I can only imagine what those 3 "T's" can bring to your family. We are truly blessed to know your cute boys!
You have the cutest kids! They are all so smart, funny and kind. What a great combination!
You can brag all you want! That is so great! So fun to read!
Sometimes I wish I knew how to not let their voice go in my ears! Is there a trick?
Very cute stories, I loved reading about all of them. Thanks for sharing. All of your boys are so dang cute!
Deanne, your children truly amazing, and I am PROUD to be their Aunt!
Post a Comment