The Jacobs Crew

The Jacobs Crew

Monday, December 1, 2008

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY TYLER!

It was April 1, 2003. April Fools Day. Now I am usually one that thoroughly enjoys a good joke. So of course I was trying to plan the "perfect" joke to play on my Dan. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be funny to give Dan a big scare and give him a pregnancy test. He wouldn't know how to read it, so he wouldn't know that it was really negative. Yeah, that would REALLY freak him out since Tracen is only 8 months old." So I just happen to have one on hand, (come on ladies, you know you have a few stuffed in the bathroom closet) and pulled it out. Now as I was "taking the test" the thought did cross my mind... "what if?... Nope... No way"... and I set it on the counter to WAIT. 3 minutes later... APRIL FOOLS... on me, not Dan. Yup, 2 gigantic pink lines. I was pregnant! WOW! What a joke! I couldn't wait till Dan got home, so I called him. The conversation went something like this, Dan: "Hello!"
Me: "Hello, my love."
Dan: "Hi, love. What's up?"
Me: "So I had this really great April Fools Day joke to play on you but... well..."
Dan: "YOU'RE PREGNANT! Aren't you? I had this feeling... Deanne, what are we going to do?"
Me: "Umm...love...we're going to have another baby and THAT is NO JOKE!"

And that was the beginnings of our TYLER'S TEASINGS.

Tyler then lead me to believe that I had a chance for a V-back (since Tracen was C-section) because everything was going wonderful in the pregnancy. That is until I went to one of my last appointments to "see how far along I was". That was when my doctor announced, "Oh my, I think this kid has flipped!" "What? What does THAT mean?" "His head is up, his bum is down. He is breech!(aka he's going to come out BUTT FIRST-just like his sweet mammy did)" So after attempting to turn the stubborn kid and without success, it was determined that I would have to have a 2nd C-section. So we scheduled the date to be November 29, 2004, approximately 1 week, and after Thanksgiving, before his due date. Ok, so we have a plan, not the plan I had hoped for, BUT a plan... or so I thought...

So Dan and I were trying to finish remodeling our basement before Tyler arrived, which included fresh walls, paint, new carpet, a beautiful rock fireplace and an amazing log cabin play house built out of the "under the stairs" nook. We had come to the end, the carpet would be layed just before Tyler arrived, and we (meaning my Dad, my Mom, my Dad, Dan, my Dad) were trying to get the logs on the play house and the mantel on the fireplace stained. Well, apparently I did not get far enough away from the strong smell of stain, because I began having what I thought were quite mild contractions. They started early that morning around 3am and were fairly consistant throughout the day. My mom was at the house helping my dad. I told her I thought I had started having contractions. Her response? "Deanne your still two weeks out, you've been on your feet too long, go lay down. We've almost got this done." So, like a good girl, I obeyed. I figured she must be right. These contractions were consistant, BUT, they really did NOT HURT, so they must not be real. I say, WHAT WAS I THINKING? Then about 7pm, I had some kind of reality check because I had the "thought" that I should at least call the hospital to let them know I "might" be coming in tonight and to prepare for the C-section. Well, while on the phone, the contractions got a bit stronger, and the nurse insisted I come in ASAP. So we packed up, left my parents at our house to finish "THE PROJECT", and Dan rushed us to McKay Dee. When we arrived, they of course insisted on checking me right away. Well, it is a darn good thing they did, because I was at a 9. Hello? The contractions only just begun to hurt. How in the world did I progress that far and NOT know it. Man, I am DUMB! So they rushed me in, strapped me down, cut me open.. Oh and Dan had the nerve to say, "Dee, can you smell that?" "Smell what?" "The smoke from them cutting you open?" Now, this is our 2nd time around with the C-section thing, I know what happens, BUT geez, did he have to say that? (love you honey) Good thing I am not bothered by that kind of thing. Anyway, at 10:35pm November 22,2004 our little stinker, I mean sweet TYLER KEITH JACOBS was born. He weighed in at 7lbs 8oz and 21 inches long. He was PERFECT! No trama from labor, a little bruised on the butt, (that's what happens when you put your best side forward first:)), and he had tons of thick, light brown hair with white blonde highlight streaking through it! I am NOT exaggerating. I had never seen that much BLONDE hair on a newborn before. And I could tell his eyes were going to be very different from Tracen dark brown eyes right from the beginning. Oh yes, JUST PERFECT!
Tyler is a tease to this day. He is stil marching to the beat of his own drum. Doing things his own way. He is sweet and SO agreeable, when HE decides to be. He LOVES his brothers. I knew that Tyler and Tracen would be the dearest of friends. And they are... in between some amazing fights. Tyler can quote almost every movie he has seen, he knows all his letters and their sounds, LOVES to spell his name, and is very proud to write the letter T everywhere! He has a very different "look" than his brothers. He is very "Stratford". He is very proud that he has the same name as his grandpa (Keith)and that they both have blue eyes.

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY TYLER!!! WE LOVE YOU.


***For Tyler's B-day, he had a super hero party with all the family. The kids all got to dress up as super heroes. Tyler dressed as his very favorite hero, DASH INCREDIBLE!
This is where I found Dash only moments before the party was to begin.


This is the amazing DASH INCREDIBLE B-day cake that Tyler requested. It was extra special because his very own amazing Uncle Joel made it just for him.



And THIS is one the many B-day presents that quickly became a favorite AND just as quickly POPPED! With MUSCLES like these, it's amazing it lasted as long as it did.

3 comments:

Jeff and Carrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!
He is such a awesome superhero.

Your Uncle did an amazing job on the
birthday cake!!

Poor Superman can't take the muscles from Dash Incredible.

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday!
I love the April Fool's Day story - it's so you. Funny that THAT's the trick you wanted to play on Dan. Some women's intuition you've got there.

Amy said...

What a fun story about the April Fool's day trick! Tyler is amazing... we love him around here! And that cake is incredible!