The Jacobs Crew

The Jacobs Crew

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Yes, I am officially 13 days LATE! But, it is because we have had so much fun lately that it has taken me so long to post about it. And... it has taken me almost an entire week to even write this. So here we go.


On the 3rd of July, my family has an awesome tradition! We all go to my parent's house for a BBQ (this year we had Hobo Dinners/tin foil dinners/ whatever you call them--YUM) Then we do fireworks and play games. My parents had created an AWESOME relay race for couples this year. Too bad I did not video tape it. Too funny and very fun. The grand kids also have tons of fun riding around the yard on the mini 4-wheeler. (This I actually have video of.) Then we all set up our air mattresses, sleeping bags and pillows out on the back lawn and settle down for a great movie on the projector screen and sleep over out under the stars! Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the set up this year. Then we wake to a scrumptious breakfast and we all head off for our 4th of July celebrations. I think this is such a fun tradition. Thanks Mom and Dad for always hosting.

This year on the 4th Dan and I were feeling a bit LAZY (hence going to sleep around 3am) so we just hung out and visited with my parents and siblings for the first portion of the day. It is always so nice to just sit and visit. We then headed to the OTHER Jacob's family and let the boys play in the pool for the afternoon. That evening we spent with the Kemp family. They are always so kind to let us join them for their festivities and the fireworks were GREAT!

On the 5th, the Kemps had us come up to Pineview for a little water skiing/ wake boarding/ knee boarding etc... I must admit that my body was a bit achy from the slalom skiing I OBVIOUSLY only get to do once a year. Dan, Tracen and Tyler had fun on the knee board. (the boys thought that was pretty fun). Thanks again Kemp family!

So HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! Hope y'all had great ones too.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What fun traditions, looks like there was fun had by all.