The Jacobs Crew

The Jacobs Crew

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Guess Who?



Well, well, well... let's see if any of you out there can name all of the people present in the photograph this week. I know that some of them might be easier than others, but nobody depicted has aged well at all. Quite honestly everyone in the picture (with the exception of Skeletor - I mean Trent)have put on at least 20 pounds of man-flesh. At least all of us have been able to keep our hair-lines for the time being. Deanne had me post this week because we had a friend get together where most of the people in this picture (and their wives and kids) all came over to our home for some mayhem. What is interesting is that I have kept in relatively close contact with all of them, the exception being Dusty Sims. Anyone know where that joker is?

As stated, we had a little shindig over here on Thursday night. All said, there were 27 people milling about the property and at least half of them were behaving well, and the majority of those well-behaved were adults. We didn't try to do anything more than just have some basic vittles and sit around to chat. In fact we had bean soup... I ask you, what type of host prepares bean soup? We certainly didn't pull out the stops on this one. But I have been told that it was tasty nonetheless.

In attendance were of course Dan and Deanne (Tracen, Tyler, and Tate), Heidi Hatch - no Burke (Kally, Kaya and Lexi), Jesse and Paula Bruce (Jaxon),Trent and Kelli Packer (Brinley and Ethan), Dave and Staci Chavez (Chloe), Kwint and Gina Kemp (Kaeleb, Brennan), Josha and Jana Arnold (Hannah, Jake). There was plenty of noise, laughter, and good memories being shared - for some it was a reunion spaced by several years - and I was happy for all those who were able to make it.

I am thankful that so many of my friends have kept in such good contact with me. I have many fond and funny memories of all of those people in the picture (which, by the way was taken in 1996). Each one of those guys has been a good friend to me for the greater part of my life and I owe much to them. So thanks, gents. You all married above yourselves and most of you look pretty good for just having entered your third decade. I hope that I can make a similar post in 20,30 or more years to come. Once again, thanks!

7 comments:

alligood said...

NO FAIR - where's the picture from the recent party?!? :-) You know, I don't think I've really changed since 1995, until I see pictures from back then and compare them to pictures of now - YIKES!!!
-Alli

quacks said...

Yes I can name all the angular boys in that picture. Where did you find a gem like that? I can't wait to show Burkules.

Unknown said...

Great photo scan from the past, I was hoping to see Dave in that great set up. Thanks for letting us come and visit and for letting all the kids destroy your house. It was so fun to see all of you. Too much time goes by in between our visits!

Unknown said...

I havent noticed a difference in any of those guys. Except I think Trent IS 3 feet taller. And Dan parts his hair on the other side now... no wait, its just a scanned pic, nevermind, he looks the same too. I am glad you cropped Kwint (aka Keenie-mike) cuz his 1/2 mullet- side spike, weak attempt at mimicking the all powerful full mullet-side spike masterpiece that his big bro rousted would have caused too much of a stir among fellow bloggers!

kelli said...

Great picture! Thanks for having us over. You guys are very brave to host something like that at your house with all those little children! It was a lot of fun though. So Thanks!

Mariel said...

That's a great picture! I have lots of great memories hanging out with Paula and many of those guys. Fun.

Unknown said...

Nice of you to find a picture with ALL of your old high school friends in it. It would be a shame if one of them was left out.