January 19, 2014
Today I woke up at 5 am, not unusual, but I was extra excited to do so as I knew it was my free day (the one day a week I allow myself to eat treats) and I had a hot date with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts that I had squirrled away the day before in the pantry. 30 seconds and 3 donuts later, I settled in to getting everything ready for our Sunday. I got a pork roast in the crockpot, made the sauce for the roast, made some cinnamon rolls (Pillsbury), emptied the garbages, emptied the dishwasher, put out a plate and donut for Dee, told her to hurry up about 20 times, forced her to eat said donut before she left for her 7:00 am meeting (to keep me from eating it), and got all the boys curch clothes out... all before 6:50 am. I was in the groove! I think that I will get a box of donuts at the ready for every Sunday from here on out.
We celebrated Mom and Dad's brithdays this month by going to Sizzler, Dad's choice. Though the company was good, the service was laughable and the food was tolerable. Had it not been the quality of those in our party, I would have chalked the meal up as a mini-disaster. Tracen and Sammy watched the herd at Bruce and Christy's house and we were pleasantly surprised that everything was intact and that no major fights had broken out while we were gone. I think that we might finally be getting to the stage where we can comfortably leave our children without paying for a babysitter. Oh, how I have longed for these days.
Sherman (Dee's grandfather) gave us a bit of a scare this week, but today when I got him up, he appeared to be both in good spirits and clearer in his mind than earlier in the week. That man is a fighter. I am impressed by his resilience and attitude for the hand he has been dealt. As he likes to put it though, "At least I didn't have to push a handcart and sleep outside in the cold." I would say that those things might be the only physical hardships he has not had to endure.
Tracen and Tyler both had 2 games of b-ball this week and both of them played very well. Dee took Tate skiing for a half day and he did very well aslo. We had a pack meeting where Tracen and Tyler both earned several awards. Tomorrow, we are planning taking the boys skiing again for at least a half day. It should be fun, though I wish the snow were better.
It looks like Mom and Dad will start to move later on this week. Dad has promised that he will let me and the boys help them do so (thanks Dad). As mentioned before, it will sure be nice to go over to his place to watch BYU games with him only being 10 minutes away. We look forward to having you so close.
I hope this email finds you all well. For the record, I wish all of you January birthdays (like 50 family members) a very Happy Birthday, in particular my Dad, and Becca who have had, or will have them in the next couple of days.
Love,
Dan
No comments:
Post a Comment