The Jacobs Crew

The Jacobs Crew

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Father's Day!

Because Father's Day weekend was to be very full celebrating our dads, the boys and I decided to celebrate Dan the Friday before. So when he got home from work, he was greeted with homemade cards and banners as well as a scrumptious dinner on the table of his favorite enchiladas, Spanish rice, re fried beans, and salad. All made from scratch of course. We all said our favorite things about dad and then reminded him of the Father's Day gift he purchased for himself a few weeks back. He got himself an ipod alarm clock with the grandiose idea of waking up to the sound of birds chirping or rain falling. Love the ipod clock, but because there has been no waking to chirping birds, he quickly changed it to a favorite 80's classic.
We then celebrated my side of the family over at my aunt and uncle's place. We had tasty BBQ fare and I made a "Better Than Sex Cake" for dessert. Fitting I thought. :)
My siblings and I gave my dad a grilling apron with all the grand kids hand prints on it.
(sorry no pic)
And I made my dad and my grandpa some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and wrapped them up like this:

My family also got together and started an Annual Father's Day Competition to be held every year! Because the guys in this family are so darn competitive it works great!

It is a timed competition where each guy must complete a few "fatherly tasks". This year the tasks went as follows:

*change a "poopy diaper" (peanut butter in a diaper on a plastic doll)

*make a bed

*dress a child in full snow clothes

*make, eat, and clean up a peanut butter sandwich

*tie a tie on a child

All is timed and all must be completed to the approval of the mother supervising each station.

Awards went as follows:

*Best Bum Licker: My Dad (yes, he licked the dolls bum clean)

*Nicest to the children involved: Shane (my youngest brother with no children yet)

*Smoothest tie: Brian (not to mention the sweatiest)

*Most particular: Dan (of course he was- I am his wife remember)

*Best overall time: Ty - in which he won the "Annual Father of the Year" Trophy!!!!

This trophy will proudly be displayed in the winner's home until next years competition where it will be given to the new winner!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

5 comments:

kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelli said...

How fun. I love the bbq competition. You guy sure know how to have a party! We just have a boring BBQ. Might have to steal your idea.
I have to laugh every time someone mentions better than sex cake, because every time someone does, Trent without fail says, "If it is better than sex, then you must not be doing it right" (The sex not the cake) Well, at that I better go, so your blog doesn't turn into a pg13 blog!

Jessie said...

Man, you guys are awesome at having family traditions for every holiday. We really need to do more.

I can totally see your dad licking off pb poo. Yep. HI-larious.

aLeXis said...

How fun is that? I love it!!! I feel like I haven't seen our talked to you in forever. I know it is summer and everyone is SO busy....but you would think being next door neighbors and all. :)

I just noticed your baby countdown....has the most darling little boy's name. Love it!!! Can't believe we are so close. Finally! Hope all is well with your darling family.

Jill said...

Your family traditions make me smile. And that trophy? Totally brag-worthy.