So I recently read the little blurp my parents wrote in the "Waite Family Newsletter" and found that they seem to think the MAIN THING Dan and I are doing lately is PARTIES! They think we are just party party all the time. Well.... it seems they might be on to something there. This weekend was definately a party!
On Friday evening, I, Jenna Ravenclaw, had the opportunity to accompany my lover, Bodrian Knightstrider, to a MASQUERADE being held in a REAL castle somewhere in the land of Provo, Utah.
Apparently it is quite the process to achieve the "perfect look" when attending a BALL with your LOVER. First of all, one MUST find the perfect dress. So where does one go to find such a dress? But of course, one goes to SAVERS and finds this one of a kind for the mere price of $12. (How cool is that?) I was also lucky enough to have an amazing friend with one of her amazing talents being able to create amazing hair and make-up!
*Of course, she HAD to do a little photo shoot* (I am a bit sheepish posting pics of myself, BUT it really is all about the amazing hair!)
They are a bit blurry, but you get the idea...
This is how it began... scary-eh?
This is how it ended...
Thank you so much Annie!!!! You really made me look, what was the word you used-- Oh yes... "FANTASTICAL"!!!
The MASQUERADE was incredibly cool. It was a Murder Mystery dinner. There were 5 courses of very delicious food with great entertainment in between. The entertainment included belly dancers (actually, that really was NOT my favorite part- a bit awkward actually) and a couple of vocal performances. One of those being my very talented LOVER who sang an Italian Aria that (as was part of the murder mystery plot) was to "reveal" his secret love for me (Jenna Ravenclaw-remember). He really did an incredible job. I fell in love all over again. :)
Unfortunately, we had to leave (had to pick up Tate) before the ending to this murder mystery was revealed. But I do believe that vampires were the ones hosting this dinner and that, had we not left, we would have been their feast!
*More GREAT pics*Jenna Ravenclaw and her lover Bodrian Knightstrider...
Jenna and some of the other fair maidens... Oh and a monk.
Our masks were incredible! Mine was all black feathers and Dan's (I mean Bodrian's) was bone.
Even though I am not a " REAL LARPER" , I really had a wonderful time. (put aside the massive headache I got from waiting too long to eat-thank you drugs) I mean how often do we get to leave reality and dress up to go to a MASQUERADE DINNER with our LOVERS?! Thank you Kris and Kwint Kemp. It really was a BRILLIANT evening!
***Also a HUGE THANK YOU goes to Bruce and Christy for taking our boys for the night.***
Then Saturday evening, Dan and I, as a magical witch and wizard, hosted our yearly Halloween party! Such fun!
***THE WITCH and THE WIZARD!*** (what a versatile dress)
****OUR COSTUME CONTEST WINNERS BY POPULAR VOTE WERE:***
Sweeney Todd and his lover... (Leah and Joel Cooke) *Sweeney Todd won:I -JUST-SOILED-MYSELF AWARD (scariest)
*His lover won: I THINK I'M A DIVA AWARD (best use of make-up)
Mr. and Mrs. Claus...(Kris and Barbi Kemp) *They won: I'M WITH HIM/HER AWARD (best couple)
Little Red Riding Hood and Grandma (aka The Wolf)... Trent and Kelli Packer*Grandma (the wolf)won: TRUE GEEK AWARD (most original)
*Little Red & Grandma won: ROFL AWARD (funniest)
Hercules & Venus... Burke and Heidi Hatch *Hercules won: THE U CAN'T-TOUCH-THIS AWARD (best all round)
????Themselves????.... Mark and Debbie Noorda *???Themselves??? won: I'M JUST HERE FOR THE FOOD AWARD (least effort)
Our other contestants were:
The Jedi's... Kwint and Gina Kemp
Fred and Wilma Flintstone... Bruce and Christy Jacobs
German Boy and Cat Woman... Megan and Corey
Bumble Bee Barbie and Ariel Barbie... Annie and Amy
The Hillbillies... Brian and Brittany Stratford
Mr. and Mrs. Dracula... Tyler and Melanie Wangsgard
Dan and I and the boys had a great time setting up the decor which included scary sounds and messages flashing across the TV screen and a smoke machine and strobelight!
We played plenty o silly games and had some VERY tasty food. We had homemade chili and homemade chicken noodle soup or yummy cheesy broccoli soup to go in breadbowls. We also had salad and a very creative and tasty Frankenstein cheeseball with crackers and veggies made by Christy. As well as more delicious sweets than we could possibly scarf down.
**Thanks so much to everyone who came and made this party so much FUN! We are happy to have so many silly friends to join us in our silly parties. Those of you who "bailed out" (you know who you are)... WATCH OUT! We know where you live!
We might have to make this an every other year party and somehow we have to figure out how to magically make our "hosting space" a bit bigger so more people can come.
***Also, another HUGE THANK YOU goes to my parents for taking on ALL the grandkids (6 under the age of 5yrs) and for letting our boys have a sleepover! They seem to have had just as much fun as we did. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!***
*So now back to reality. The boys all have yucky coughs and look exhausted. Time to put aside Jenna Ravenclaw and her lover Bodrian and come back to being mom. No more parties for us. Well, that is until we leave for Cancun in just over a week! Wha Hoooooooooooooooo!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
15 comments:
Aw, you're still such a beauty, Deanne. Remember when you were selected as the princess of Medieval Times? That's what those first pics remind me of.
The party looks awesome. Sorry we missed it. It turned out to be a not-so-great day for us. But my body misses the delicious calories from that spread!
Wow! Good times. I had completely forgotten about that! I felt so awkward sitting up there on the throne with the "king and queen". Too funny! We are sad you couldn't make it either. Maybe next year or the next! Love you, Jess!
Cancun! Ah, I am so jealous. I hope you step on a jelly fish.
Trent, that is so NOT funny. I actually step on and was stung by a sting ray the last time we were in Mexico and OUCH! That is a feeling I NEVER want to have again!
Fun party - thanks for having us!
Fun, fun party Dee!! Thanks for putting it on and encouraging me to come (without a husband). You looked absolutely beautiful Jenna! Annie did do a fantastical job! And I CAN NOT believe you go to Cancun in just over a week! What am I going to do without you? Have a fabulous time! Walking tomorrow?
Fabulous party--we're so glad we could come and share your amazing Halloween extravaganza. Thank you for the excuse to dress up and have fun! By the way, I wasn't in my right mind when I took all that baklava home--I think some of it needs to find its way back to you and yours. Have you finished off all the other leftovers yet?
What a FUN party!!!! I wished we lived nearby...we would have invited ourselves. :) Also, cute blog. Where did you get the layout?
Well, I do believe we've found someone who likes to celebrate HaLLoWeEn even more than we do. So fun!! Wish I would have know this when we lived closer...we could have partied!!
Wow! What a couple of blogs!! Thanks for all the fun pics! We had a blast, too and everyone looked so great!! Last weekend made our WHOLE fall! Thank you for being a part of it!
Dee I love getting caught up on all your posts. Wow you guys have been partying. How fun that you throw a yearly Halloween party. I havent been to one since college. Sad huh. You looked so beautiful with your hair all done up like that. Its sad I think I am the only one that hasnt read the Twillight series. I wish I could relate more. Mel and Ty looked amazing too. Ohh and love your title Dandee. Could that be anymore perfect. Love, Love that picture at the end with your kids bumms. PERFECT. Thats what my kids looked like after Hawaii.
Sure love ya Cousin...glad you are doing well. When are we going to actually see each other rather than just talk about it. :)
Looks like a ton of fun! Jesse and I are really bummed we missed out. We didn't get the invitation in time or we would of SO been there. You guys all looked great!
what a fun party! We had a blast! You guys are such great party hosts! Thanks for inviting us. It is definately a party we look forward to every year. You now have a reputation. You're the best! We love you guys!
Thanks for having the party! I got your message today. Sorry we missed you.
DeeDee,
You looked so beautiful!! I definitely would have blogged pictures of myself if I looked like you did. Dan you looked great too. I would have totally gone to your Halloween party. We probably would have gone as Bella and Edward...from Twilight. I would have forced him to be Edward or Jacob...who knows :)
Jaimee
Post a Comment