St. Patty's Day is one of my very favorite holidays. Unfortunately, I don't think we focus on the REAL purpose of the holiday. Hmmm... nope. Don't even know what it is. But we do have loads of fun with leprachauns! We have a few traditions (passed on from my side) that our boys totally soak up. First, we MUST wear GREEN--Duh or else the pinchings run wild. Second, that TRIXY LITTLE LEPRACHAUN always sneaks into the house leaving many GREEN footprints to follow through out the house leading to a "SPECIAL POT OF GOLD" (aka. big green bowl of goodies). Also, the kids must be on the constant lookout for this LITTLE GREEN MAN. They will know where he has been because everything the leprachaun touches turns green. This year he got much of our food. We, as is tradition, had green zuchinni pancakes, green eggs, green buttermilk syrup, green "leprachaun juice", green milk, and green bacon. The boys had so much fun and already have big plans for thier LEPRACHAUN TRAP made of metal (cuz they can't go through metal)that they will build to get him next year. Here is a little video and some more pics. We celebrated at Bruce and Christy's house so their boys and cousin sweet Haylie could join in the fun.
Next... HAPPY EASTER!! This year, we had the priveledge of having Easter at our home.
Of course, the Easter Bunny did come and the boys had fun searching for thier Easter baskets that they had set out the night before. They were thrilled to find them loaded with eggs full of too many goodies and lots of fun little toys (thank you Dollar Store). We then headed to our 9am church meeting which really was wonderful. The speakers were superb and the spirit of the meeting was very strong. The hymns, I am happy to say because I get to choose them, definately added to that spirit. I get the priveledge of being up in front of the congregation leading the hymns each week. Easter was particularly wonderful to feel and see the beautiful spirit that touched our ward when we sang the closing hymn of "I know that my Redeemer Lives".
That evening my family all came over for an Easter Feast. It really was a delicious feast of chicken pillows, mormon potatoes, yams, homeade rolls, jello, almond green beans and banana cream and chocolate cream pies for dessert.
After dinner we had an egg hunt in our back yard where the kids got more treats (fruit snacks and animal crackers- what a boring Easter Bunny-eh?) We then watched the animated video of He Is Risen. It was a very fun day. We are so grateful for our savior Jesus Christ and His ultimate sacrifice for us.
13 comments:
Very fun. I was trying to decide if the part that you think your life is about to get busier is an announcement of some kind, or you just think it is going to get busier, because kids get busier as they get older! We still need to hang out some time.
Kelli
Wow, St Patty's Day traditions are a great idea! We love that day too.
So...how is there green bacon? I can't quite imagine that one.
Dan is gay. Not literally of course, but definitely in the figuritive sense. No offense D. Love the new do by the way:)I also thought the St. Patty's Day traditions sounded fun. I don't really have a problem with green bacon, but green buttermilk syrup? How does that taste exactly?
I would like to retract my earlier inapropriate comment about Dan. He is definitely not gay in any sense of the word other than the fact that he is usually quite happy.
He is a great friend despite the fact that he is a larper, and would rather hunt trolls in the woods than spend 10 minutes with his own children. I am ashamed that I thought it would be funny to mock him on his own blog. I should never have done it, and I am really, really sorry.
Josh
We could get together friday evening. I work till six thirty, but then I am off. We could get together around seven thirty if you wanted. Give us a call.
I'm giving myself permission to spy on your blog since you spy on mine...
I'm pretty impressed with your St. Patrick's Day festivities. Who knew there was so much fun to be had? I'm going to have to clue in and start making it more fun for my kids! I was actually enlightened last month on what the holiday is all about...here's what I know. St. Patrick is the one who brought Christianity to the Irish. The clover is representative of the Godhead. Why we celebrate it in America, I don't know. I was obviously not enlightened too much!
I'm pretty impressed that even Dan will do some posts! Amazing!
What a fun mom you are! The table looks beautiful.. I'm sure you're the perfect hostess! See you bright and early for our work out!
I LOVE all your St. Patrick's ideas. My poor children really had a bum mom this year!! Tracen was so excited that morning when I picked him up for school. Such fun!! Sorry to miss Bunko tonight. I hope you have a blast!
Wow. I thought I loved St. Patrick's Day. You are my St. Patrick's Day hero! What fun memories for your kids (and you and Dan).
p.s. love the picture of your new haircut! Michelle Call told me about it when she came by last month. She said it looked really good on you and she was right. Beautiful!
Your boys are getting so big! I can't believe how old you little babe is already. P.s. cute short hair!
Wow, I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm so excited. If you don't remember me I'm sure you remember Justin. I can't wait to tell him that I found your blog. It's really fun to see your family picture! You have a beautiful family!
Deanne, I like many I spy down there are hopping blogs and found yours! This is Katie Isom you can check my blog if you don't remember who I am.. http://brodniak5.blogspot.com I will have to take some time to read up on what you have been up to but I can see that you still look as great as high school and your little boys are adorable! How are your mom and dad, melanie and ryan doing? I hope to hear from you!
Katie
Very cute!! I forgot about the leprechaun coming- I will do that next year. Remind me to tell you what I learned about the reason for St Patty's day. I googled it this year. :)
Post a Comment